Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fundaymonday!

So this week, monday was the funday. I woke up to THE most beautiful day. Sunny, 65, clear skies, NO INVERSION! I went and put together some kites, one is a cobra and the other a hummingbird! Then Shannon and I had a picnick with nutella sandwiches, watermelon, sunchips, and sparkling juice. Then I went for a hike with Garrett out in the Utina mts. Its still too early to climb Mt Timpanogos but we were determined to get as high and close to it as we could get without snowshoes and crampons! Tons of pictures. I made a slideshow, but it ruined what quality the pics had, so ill just make a really long pic post! Get your scrolling finger ready...









Elk!!



I found this bone, it was the same size as a human arm bone...creeped us out since we were in mountain lion territory...













Mt Timpanogos. My favorite picture.



see? its not that big...



The road









My awesome speedskater butt. (the snow had to be about 5 feet there...)



Heres the mountain we climbed...haha just kidding...


Great views from up there



The snow was cold but it was 65 out!



Annd then we buried ourselves...


















Ill add that today I went on an amazing bike ride with some teammates in North Salt Lake. It was so pretty, but I forgot to wear sunscreen....



I got bad sunburn during the ride, its worse on my arms. I wish I had some aloe..



Awesome day!

1 comment:

Miniqui said...

okay so basically that sounds/looks like you had a great time! :D
I'm also really amused at how much snow there is.
man...
can't wait to see pictures of pancakes on your blog again!
(Hint hint, nudge nudge)