Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happiest moment of my LIFE

I QUALIFIED FOR OLYMPIC TRIALS TODAAAAAY!!!!!! I skated a 1:37.4 in the 1000m at the Desert Classic here in SLC, and to qualify I needed a 1:38.0! My previous best time was a 1:39.1, so Im thinking I did pretty well. Ive never worked so hard for something in my life, I almost died skating that 9 lap time trial but it was soooo worth it. Ive never cried out of happiness before, but this was for sure one of the happiest moments of my life. After I finished I heard some teammates yelling way to go liz! and I looked at the time and FREAKED OUT. People probably thought I was crazy when I got off the ice, I ran up to Jun and gave him a big hug, hes the best coach ever.

Side note, we all stress Jun out a lot and frustrate him regularly. He puts so much time into us and maintaining our blades, last weekend he even turned down his weekend vacation with Jimmy to Vegas that he already paid for because he thought we needed him at saturday practice. 2 days ago, he even spent the night at the Oval in his office sharpening and bending blades. So we all got together and bought him a gift certificate to get a hot stone massage!!

Anyway, this means Ill be going to marquette MI in about 2 weeks to compete in the 9 lap TT. If I make top 16, then Ill get to compete in the races, but to make it out of the TT ill have to try like ive never tried before and be super lucky that day. But Im Irish so I should have no problem. :)

This is a card I wrote all my long term goals on, and until today, ive never been able to cross one out. It felt good.

2 comments:

Meghantron said...

You did so good! I'm so proud of you! I'll send good vibes your way for the day of the next round :) <3

John Murphy said...

Congratulations Liz Looby! At nationals in Lake Placid my daughter and I watched you skate, and we saw your opponents grow to respect and fear your skating that weekend. After that was when I found your blog. From reading the blog your dedication stands out, and it's great to see your success. And I'm confident there's lots more where that came from. Enjoy!