Saturday, June 16, 2012

Big Cottonwood Canyon

Heres how my morning went. Im supposed to meet up with the team to ride up Big Cottonwood for an hour. This is my first time climbing it in about 2 years and i'm super sore from dryland and weights yesterday. Can't find the team. Decide to climb it by myself. Feeling intimidated but also like a badass, I start the climb. 
2 min in- I wonder why I woke up, why I decided to do this myself and why I didn't turn around already. 
30 min- cant breath, stop to ponder life, after 5 min of dealing with inner turmoil I continue. 
1 hour- I stop again at about halfway up. try to convince myself I done good for my first solo canyon climb and feeling defeated, I turn back only to pass my teammates on the way down. *sigh*. 
Im gonna make cinnamon buns now...
This is a typical practice for me.


What would this post be without a picture of one of my cakes? This was for Mikeys 21'st birthday on wednesday :) Its chocolate cake with raspberry filling. 

 

No comments: